Married to Lisa Bellecci-st.romain since 1976
Three grown children getting by on their own; five grandchildren
Oldest of eight; raised in Mansura, Louisiana
33 years experience in leading workshops, retreats, seminars, classes
Author of books and magazine articles on personal growth and spirituality
Ministry of Spiritual Direction
Internet Web Site Development
1990 - present: Spiritual Director, Retreat Leader in Catholic retreat centers in Kansas (Spiritual Life Center in Wichita, Heartland Center for Spirituality in Great Bend).
- Worked as part of team, helping to plan and evaluate programs for the Centers.
- Designed and directed retreats on addiction and recovery, Twelve Steps, contemplative prayer, awareness, and family life.
- Authored many practical resources for personal and spiritual growth to be used in retreats and workshops.
- Met with numerous individuals for spiritual direction, to help them become more aware of the spiritual meaning of their lives.
- Developed a two-year training program to train lay people to become spiritual directors for the Catholic Diocese of Wichita.
- Developed a three-year spiritual formation program that included spiritual director training with the staff at Heartland Center for Spirituality.
- Developed Internet web sites for retreat centers and provided a wide range of growth opportunities using this medium (electronic resources, e-mail newsletter, online workshops and retreats, email retreats, webinars).
1990 - 1997: Coordinated Family Life Ministry and Religious Studies Program for the Catholic Diocese of Wichita.
- Formed and worked with task forces to focus goals for these outreaches.
- Recruited presenters for programs.
- Taught classes in Personal Growth, Relationships, and Spiritual Development.
- Co-presented series on marriage enrichment with my wife, Lisa Bellecci-st.romain.
1985 - 90: Director of Personal Growth Services, Inc. out of Baton Rouge, LA.
- Free-lance writer for various magazines.
- Free-lance counseling in substance abuse treatment centers (multi-family therapy, Fifth Steps, individual counseling).
- Presented workshops and retreats on a wide variety of topics pertaining to personal and spiritual growth at retreat centers around the United States.
- Financial management and publicity for the organization.
1980 - 1985: Substance Abuse Prevention Coordinator for the Louisiana Department of Education.
- Worked as part of a team to plan workshops, support group manual, and preventive education resources.
- Led workshops to train teams of educators and parents to prevent substance abuse in schools and communities.
- Facilitated support groups of students and parents
1977 - 1980: Campus Minister and Business Manager at Catholic Student Center, Louisiana State University.
- Paid bills, managed payroll, and kept financial records for the Center.
- Coordinated highly popular and transformative Awakening weekend retreats.
- Developed weekly study and share group resources for students.
1977: High School Biology Teacher, Catholic High School, Baton Rouge, LA.
- Developed lab experiences for students beyond what the curriculum called for.
- Took students on several field trips to deepen their appreciation of nature.
- Doctor of Ministry in Spiritual Direction. 1996. Graduate Theological Foundation. Donaldson, Indiana.
- Certification as Substance Abuse Counselor, 1983, by Louisiana Association of Substance Abuse Counselors and Trainers.
- Course work for Ph. D. in Zoology completed, but dissertation unfinished. 1974-77. Louisiana State University.
- Master of Science in Zoology, University of Southwestern Louisiana. 1974.
- Bachelor of Science in Zoology, University of Southwestern Louisiana. 1972.
- Attendance through the years at a wide variety of workshops, seminars and institutes on personal growth and spirituality.
- Extensive reading of books on personal growth, theology, spirituality, holistic health, and relationships.
- Member of Spiritual Directors International. Have presented workshops on spiritual emergencies to regional chapters.
- St. Vincent de Paul Parish: Andover, KS.
- Audubon Society: Wichita, KS.
- Mac User Group: Wichita, KS.